Monday, November 23, 2009

Thankful That God is Faithful

I can't help it. I LOVE Christmas. I won't go as far as Hobby Lobby does and start celebrating/decorating in July. But a week or two before Thanksgiving I start getting really sentimental about the holidays. Actually, right now I'm watching Christmas Vacation. It is gooOOd. Some Christmas CDs made an appearance a couple of weeks ago... I like to ease into it slowly.
I also, however, love Thanksgiving. There's something about gathering together as a family and not focusing on what we bought eachother. As cheesy as it is, every year, I also enjoy how my family goes around the table and says one thing they're thankful for. I think it reveals our true colors, the good, beautiful ones.
In regards to thankfulness, today I am so thankful that God is faithful. I am half way through carrying my first baby. Lately I've had lots of ladies tell me "oh, you don't look that far along AT ALL" and "my, you're not near as big as I was"... Some may think it's crazy that I'm dissapointed that I'm not bigger, but as mommy-t0-be it made me worry. This morning, as I was getting ready for work, I started to worry that something was wrong, that the baby wasn't growing, that any movement I've felt thus far was all in my head. And as I drove to work, I asked God to show me today that our baby was okay. And that my worry was for nothing. Well, let me tell you about my answer.
This baby tumbled and twirled and did the locamotion ALL DAY LONG!! And in a much stronger way than I've felt before. I just felt reassured, all day, that no matter what I worry about or what comes to pass in ours lives, God is in control. And God is faithful. I know that doesn't always mean happiness, as we know it, but I do know it always means joy and hope, forever. It reminds me of when Mary visited Elizabeth and when Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, "the baby leaped in her womb". A sign of life and a sign of promise. The promise that God is faithful.
Have a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment