Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Baby Mama

Lately, I'm easily offended. (We'll just chalk it up to the hormones, like everything else!)I now park in the "Expecting Mother's Parking" at United. And when there is someone ELSE parked in that spot, I look extra close for a belly... or a screaming infant in a 25 lb carseat. And when I don't see either of those I feel betrayed and mistreated. I wish I were exaggerating... :) It seems that it takes extra effort to do the smallest things these days. It's crazy what a little four pounder added to the middle section can do to a person!

Another thing I've noticed from others since I've been in this third and final trimester is how folks LOVE to comment on the belly. Which I really don't mind at all and doesn't truly offend me, but I think it's interesting what people say. Everything from "you're only 32 weeks? you look so great for 32 weeks..." or " oh man, you're already this big at 32 weeks, I can't imagine how you'll be waddling in a few more weeks!" or "does everyone ask you if you're having twins, because I was big pretty early too and EVERYONE thought I was having twins..." (to which I answered, "No, actually, you're the first person that's ever said that to me." lol )

Honestly, I love my belly (I never ever dreamed I'd say that). It's so incredible that my body was MADE to do this. To offer perfect conditions to grow a little baby. It's especially amazing now that he has grown and and wiggles around all the time. And then I look back at that first sonogram picture - the size of a jelly bean! My heart swells up with a hallelujah! I can't help but smile. It really makes being exhausted and completely not motivated to do ANYTHING worth it.

With the impending arrival of Baby Mereness we've made some recent purchases. We bought a crib! Very exciting. You'd think that carrying a child for seven months and having a wiggling belly would introduce the reality that we'll soon have a cuddly bundle. But what's done it for me is having that crib. I got really nervous while we were standing in line to pay for it. I think it just makes me realize how our lives are about to change, of course, for the better!

If you've noticed the count down at the top of the blog.... 52 DAYS!!! That's 7.4 weeks. I did the math. We will have a baby before we know it!

4 comments:

  1. 52 days?!?!?! That is NO time! I can't believe you are already in your 3rd trimester!

    And speaking of your beautiful (perfectly formed and just the right sized) belly :) ... we want pictures!!! Some of us don't get to see it and risk commenting on it in person!!! ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had posted a comment but forgot to type in that stupid word thing.

    SO! I was gonna say that reading this post just drove home for me how real your pregnancy is, too! I can't believe you guys are going to be parents in 7 weeks - aaaaaaaaah. Not worried about that kid in the least - you guys will be so amazing, I can hardly wait to see it! Can't wait to see you in March, Brynn! Hope you'll bring Kent down with you, too and maybe we can get an early dinner before you head back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so great to see you guys in L town. You look fabulous.
    It's funny what people say . . . and, I hate to tell you this, but they will say it about your baby, too ("So small! So big! So much/not any hair!!"). Just remember - everyone's going to find your baby to have some unique something that they MUST comment on! I went temporarily insane over such . . . but now all is well:). And it will be well with you. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would think that people would have figured out over the years and years that pregnant women have been around that the only acceptable comment to make on a pregnant woman's appearance is, "You look great!" Really, what are people thinking?! :)

    Kyle's sister, Kara, is due the day before you and I think of you and Kent and your little bundle everytime I see her. I am so happy for yall and know that yall are going to be fabulous parents! And I second Lynsey's request for pictures! We need too see how great you look!

    ReplyDelete